Monday, November 22, 2010

The Villagers, Brooklyn.

Falling behind on my blog posts bloggatrons! I'm trying to keep up with this New York pace of life but obviously failing on the blog-front, a longer more detailed post will be coming v.soon. Oooo possibly Thanksgiving day?!
Here are a few photos from the Villagers gig in the Knitting Factory on Metropolitan Av in Brooklyn. A little gathering compared to the jammed gig in the Roisin Dubh where I saw them supporting the the Wild Beasts (so good). Really really enjoyed their solo tour, the back-up band (which I'm wondering will become a regular fixture?) were incredible! And needless to say Conor the main villager was y'amazing. T.bag and Babz made fun of his simple lovely lyrics, which was not appreciated in the village. Do not fear, I put them in their place. I think they were jealous how he rhymed way and say and day. Whatever. However, we did all have a giggle at the bassists and his ridiculous over the top rocker moves, it was slightly cringey to say the least -It was like every string he plucked was slowly killing him?! I think he was just high. In which case maybe it is killing him...Ooh!
IMGP3254
IMGP3268
IMGP3258
IMGP3260
IMGP3263
Hope you enjoy the photos! (This one is my fav)
Bloggamonsta xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment