Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Edun Spring/Summer 2011

So it's been two weeks since I've arrived with my two other fashionistas in tow, and what a fantastic start it's been! We moved into our apartment, bought beds, discount stored it up for the essentials and then hit Ikea for a table and chairs and rugs to cover a very 1970's lino floor which is actually kinda growing on me. On sunday we got our hands on a huge futon for $50 which was so casually thrown (yes thrown) on top of a passer-bys jeep and brought back to our little humble abode. He even brought it to our door! We live on the fourth floor people. Faith is restored in mankind!
Between all the moving in, cleaning and getting our lives sorted we've dined in delicious places and hit a fantastic street market a couple of blocks from where we live in brooklyn and bought a b.e.autiful leather satchel for $8- real leather. And a polaroid camera for $6! I just love the casualness of it all, mothers and grandmothers trying to clear "stuff" out of their closet, "stuff" that makes me a little weak at my knees and gives me a slight heart-attack when I see that it's priced so cheaply.
All in all, so far, so great.
And now fashion photos from Edun!
What a fantastic job Sharon Wauchob has done transforming a once dowdy brand into a effortlessly edgy label, with a definite attitude. Everything from the collection, runway location to the I Blame Coco diplo remix worked oh so brilliantly. The fabric mix was delicious; ranging from silk prints, laddered knits, poplin shirts and knotted embroidery. (If I got my hands on the collection I would definitely mix menswear and womenswear together pronto, the silk print and laddered menswear knit would be a treat together) There were hints of fairtrade through the collection but nothing too in your face, the beaded/braided accessories were a nice touch and kinda swayed between delicate and urban. -Note hot male model with it flung carelessly over the knit? Hello! Also, how fab are the chunky wooden wedges? The gravel runway drew just enough attention to the shoes for me to rightly fall in love with them.
It's definitely not a trend-driven collection, there are a few show-stoppers but I mainly love the contemporary looks which focused on key shapes layered to perfection. And the mark fast'esq laddered jumpers were fab and slotted into the collection nicely. The whole undertone of the show definitely had a cool factor- the grafitti scrawled walls in the abandoned warehouse under a subway station only added to the atmosphere. K gotta run but enjoy pics!
IMGP2852
IMGP2850
IMGP2849
IMGP2855
IMGP2867

No comments:

Post a Comment