Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011-50

Here's what I want 2011 to be like Bloggatrons. Yes, the sixties. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it is mine. Mine with a big digestive biccie dipped in. A shift dress here, a mini skirt there, an explosion of sixties simplicity mixed in with all the genius of Barberella costumes please. Paco Rabanne's futuristic hand at textiles and Mary Quant's pvc paddington bear jackets are a must. Peterpan collars, cloche hats (which I've been googling forever and can't get a proper image! Basically it's a glorified swimsuit hat with a closure around the face, a little like the photo below except less superhero/ criminal and more cute and quirky), wacky panelling, patterned tights, knee-high socks, this list goes on and on and on..
Yes this trend has been peaking through a lot over the last few years, but why get rid of a good thing? I'm a sucker for simple shapes and messy textures which can be incorporated faster than you can say Edie! Let's go the whole hog and resemble one of these lovely ladies..
5e2fddff281b6491
pacobarbarella1
But not forgetting a pinch, actually a handful, of Barbarella fabulousness. Is that a space helmut in her hand? Oh it is? I'll take it!

6a00e554e97d5c88340115710a32bb970c-800wi
I mean, this picture further clarifies the point that todays fashion can be oh so boring. Theres too much conventional and safe. It would be a lie to state there only being two extremes of dress; y'know snoozefest sally (no offensive to the sally's, I just like the way it sounds) versus why is that girl wearing a condom as a necklace? But there are lots of nothing-styles (as well as nice ones too) among the safe and out-there choices. I just think the sixties is the right amount of retro, pretty and chic sewn into a panelled shift dress. Simple, easy and so foxy! I want her stockings.. And the futuristic setting.

fear_fashion_20
The hat I mentioned above which is a little creepy looking, but cool all the same. When I find the image I'm looking for it's going straight into the side-bar gallery joining Edie, Kate, Bjork, Dinosaur and Nico the newbie. Yes, it's that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment