Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mackness Love

Bloggatrons!

So I splashed out on ID yesterday, it was a bit of an impulse buy which is pretty risky since ID can be hit or miss. Luckily for me and my purse though, it's quite good. I love reading little interview blurbs about new design talent, the likes of Heikki Salonen (who I'd like to have a fabric baby with) and Laura Mackness are two of designers featured, along with Michael Van Der Ham, David Koma, Louise Gray and plenty more.
Laura Mackness is a real eye catcher though, her designs connect humour and minimalism so brilliantly. Lots of hand drawn prints of eye lashes, hands, boobs, eyes which are placed in random areas onto the clean cut designs; eyelash kness, hands on boobs, eyes on boobs..you get the drift.
laura mackness6
laura mackness5
A former Peter Jenson intern, which isn't at all surprising, they absolutely share the same aesthetic of fundamental design and quirky detailing. I got a major Jenson feel from the printed belt on this jacket...
laura mackness4
She is currently stocking her men/women collaboration for Swedish label Weekday, a more diffused line from her much loved CSM MA collection(above). And oh lord is it gorge! Jersey t's(Say no more,I'm sold), dresses, leggings with the same'ish colour story and funfunfun prints. Apparently the collection is now being stocked alongside Jenson's collaboration. Niceeeee. Heres a few images from the Weekday Lookbook. I don't think Love was mentioned enough in this post? I LOVE!
Laura-Mackness_weekday-1
laura mackness weekday
laura mackness weekday.jpg2

Also, how cool is her name?! She could be a superhero, y'know something like The Mackness ...

(Above images from Style.com and Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment