Saturday, April 3, 2010

Apologies!

I've been a very bad blogger. Lack of attention for my bloggamonsta blog makes me sad and mad! This will change. It's just been a busy, but exciting, past few weeks. Aswell as teaching the kids and teens of Ireland how to sew and make dresses(I feel it's my duty), I also became a finalist in a national jewellery designer of the year competition which was random since it was only something I entered to dust off my portfolio! It was a really great experience, brilliant production (much bigger than I ever thought it would be) and it opened my eyes to an area I'd probably like to look into more. Anyhu I didn't win, but you know it's not the winning that matters it's the taking part blah blah blah. Ha! Just joking! Or am I? No really I am. Getting my pieces back next week so as soon as I have them I'll take photos and upload. Hopefully Bloggamom will collect them for me as I'll be in London with fair libster buying fabric. Yay!

Other than that, the other aspect thats taking up part of my life is a little fashion adventure me and my two ladies libster and babz like to call the "The Melting Pot." This consists of us three NY wannabe goobs working on our own seperate mini-collections, and getting together with a few other creative goobs to hold an exhibition in the big L(ahem, Limerick) at the end of May. A fashion adventure which we promised ourselves would be a chilled and fun experience of whatever tickled our fancy whether it's a full blown collection, accessories or bits of both. I'm going for the bits of both. *I at least thought "The Melting Pot" sounded semi-original until I typed it into google to find over a million other melting pots! I should've known stealing it off Jay-z would have repercussions.

We've set up a blog to track our progress and ideas and I'll post the address as soon as we actually have stuff up to look at. Hopefully that'll be soon my bloggsters! Libster has already wrote an award-winning introduction.

On the offhand, I had my first car bump on wednesday. It was pretty terrible, the embarrassment that is, the bump was not evident, infact it was more like a dirt scratch. It was in my local supermarket and I was wearing my leopard print jacket and a headscarf (hardly the most inconspicuos) and the few people that were around gave me that "sharp fingernails scratching a chalk board" look. I fucking hate that look! Anyway I survived, left my phone number and nobody called...yet, hopefully they won't. Ever.

Woah longer post than expected! Hope it wasn't too much of snoozefest my dear bloggatrons.

Love Bloggamonsta
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment