Sunday, February 14, 2010

Alexander Wang, Fall 2010

Bloggatrons!

The fashion world is still moving without McQueen which is a little sad but thats fashion I guess. New York Fashion Week is upon us and I was really excited to see the review on the Alexander Wang show. I spent most of the day on the couch with a mother of a hangover thanks to T.bag and Bro but I feel alive again so I thought I'd share a few photos with you all.
I have to be honest, when I first saw the pictures on Style.com, I felt a little let down- Alexander Wang's Fall 2010 collection didn't really impress me all that much. I realise that I have high expectations since his last collections have crowned him the King of Contemporary Cool so when I logged onto style.com I was super excited, but the excitement was kinda met with; Eh? Yes there were great elements to the collection but I wasn't bouncing off my seat or anything. So I left style.com slightly sad and rambled onto NYLON for a look and low and behold there was a behind the scenes video of Wang's show and up-close shots of his collection! My faith was restored bloggsters! These pieces really have to be photographed up close; the detail of the reconstructed suit, fabric choices of ribbed knit, velvet, chenille- which is quite far away from the wang's signature T's, the backpack which crisscrossed at the front and the thigh high leg warmers (not my most fav but I'd say they'll be a grower) were lost in the runway photography at Style. I'm a happy monsta again bloggsters. I still can't say it beats Spring/Summer 2010 or Autumn/Winter 09 but thats ok. They were both incredibly good. Anyways I'm blabbing. Enjoy the photos, all thanks to NYLON the little gem!







Bloggamonsta xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment