Monday, December 14, 2009

Vena Cava & High tops

Check out these bad boys! While I was fishing for pictures of the Vena Cava collaboration with converse I found these little beauties. Oh the days of baby, ginger and scary spice bouncing around the stage in these monsta'cons, something tells me I didn't appreciate them as much as I should have back then.

But here's the real reason for this blog; the Vena Cava collaboration with converse... Wowsers. This is the first I've heard of Vena Cava; two west coast designers who are now based in Brooklyn, NY. But look at the funkness of something that just started out with a doodle? Sophie Buhai, one Half of Vena Cava, says it was a natural idea brought about by memories of boredom in the classroom where the converse was used a doodle board. It makes me want to attack my own cons! But no. Not until they are at least a year old. And only if they can look like this...



What's extra great about the above hightops is that it's apart of the Converse [RED] collection which helps fashion fight Aids and other diseases in Africa. Had a little investigation into their A/W 09 collection and the pieces have quite a cool relaxed westcoast vibe, but with a New York edge. Hip and wearable, just the way bloggamonsta likes it! Heres a little peak for all my bloggatrons...


The tonal blue velvet zippy dress is jumping out at me. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment